veganuary day 3!

So Day number 3 (I guess technically since I started on the 3rd of January) of veganuary and I really wanted to highlight to some the difficulties being a picky eater can be to someone who would actually like to be vegan on just more than January.

I call myself a veggiephobe, I don't fear veggies but I don't like them, and its not a "well you don't know if you dont like it if you haven't tried them" situation either, believe me Ive tried it, boiled, baked, roasted, fried, raw, sauteed, in cake and finally in smoothies. 

Through all this experimentation, I have learned to like some vegetables, how ever most of them have to be cooked a certain way or I won't eat them. This dislike is not only limited to vegetables; I don't eat fruit either, the only fruit I eat in its natural form are bananas, "WHAT?!?!??!" I hear you shout, "fruit is delicious!" 

You should see me trying to eat an apple; it's hilarious! I have an aversion to texture, and that is what it all boils down to there are 2 big NO-NO's and that is peas and oranges, the texture literally makes me want to vomit, and is the situation with most veggies, I try to eat it but I gag and cant swallow it. (Yeah, there is a joke in there somewhere!)

So what do I eat you ask? Well lots of carbs, potato, rice, pasta, bread, you know the beige foods! 
OK, OK, I know where is the good in all of this?! Well hear it is; I've learned to like lots of different veg cooked various different ways, one of my favourites are mushrooms, those babies need to 'get in me belly!' Also, I will eat a lot of fruit in smoothies, but it has to be blended to unrecognisable levels.

So below I want to show you my version of vegan hell. I joined veganuary and received my welcome email with meal plans to boot, followed by a series of "nope won't eat that, won't eat that or that!" So

 So here you go;



That is how a picky eater sees every cookbook, whether a vegan/vegetarian or not, it's difficult to find things that you like, I do try to experiment, but that is not easy, I end up throwing away a lot more than I eat sometimes. I would dearly love to sit in front of a bowl of vegetables and be able to eat them, but it feels like a chore!

Fellow picky eaters, how do you do it? Do you try those foods that you do not like?

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Please visit https://www.veganuary.com  if you are interested in veganuary. 



Comments

Popular Posts